Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Sacred Dance Experience

This is a little page on my experience with Sacred Dance, one of my Spiritual Tools. This dance has helped me to integrate body, mind and soul.



Sacred Dance was and still is a form of Hindu Spiritual practice, integrating both body, mind and spirit.



A wonderful tool for centering, grounding and balancing...



The power of Sacred Dance...integrating the mind, intention and our physical bodies. The dance becomes quite profound and expands consciousness.

I learned this Hindu Sacred Dance years ago from a very dear Goddess friend and Yoga teacher/mentor. This dance is very beautiful and very centering. I found that the more I practiced this dance, the more inner freedom and connection I felt with myself and the Divine energy within and without me. The dance consists of mudras, or hand positions, that represent ancient symbols of meaning, like the lotus flower unfolding in all its Beauty and evolution. I love doing this dance in powerful places in nature like in front of the crashing waves of the Ocean. The dance fills me with Lightness of Being and integration with my physical body and mind. Here is the prayer that goes with this ancient choreographed dance. I must preface that the Hindu religion integrates BOTH male AND female aspects, I like this in a religion. The aspect of the feminine, represented by Divine Mother, is COMPASSION. The feminine is loving, compassionate and without judgement.

This is the Divine Mother Sacred Dance prayer....

Oh Divine Mother, may all my speech and idle talk be Mantra
All actions of my hands be Mudra
All eating and drinking be the offerings of oblations under thee
All lying down prostrations before thee
May ALL pleasures be dedicating my Entire Self unto thee
And may everything I do be taken as thy worship,
Oh Divine Mother

Disclaimer: Although I am not really a religious type, I have found that by discovering and practicing some of these spiritual tools have made my life richer and have given me some real tools for centering and evolving my spiritual being.




The Mudras, or hand positions are symbolic of the prayer...




I AM Created by Divine Light
I AM Sustained by Divine Light
I AM Protected by Divine Light
I AM Surrounded by Divine Light
I AM Ever growing into Divine Light




No comments: